Dial-up connection automatically disconnects
Posted by James Robshaw on 06 May 2006 07:42 AM
Your internet connection seems to keep disconnecting automatically when closing your web browser or mail client.
This setting can be changed by running through the following steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools, then Internet Options.
2. Click the Connections tab.
3. Click your Dial-Up Networking connection (shown as "ProExe Dialup"), then click Settings.
4. Click on Advanced.
5. Untick both the "Disconnect if idle for 20 minutes" and "Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed" check boxes.
6. Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.